mending worn silicone strips on clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have 5 pairs of planet x clubman shorts that did not even have a silicone strip instead relying on a large piece of elasticated fabric to hold the leg tight , unfortunately the elastic soon became loose enough so the shorts would ride up .

After a fair bit of research including home brew methods i have stumbled on sock stop , designed for adding anti slip dots to socks , seems to work as a replacement for the silicone strips usually found on shorts etc .As my shorts dont have an original strip i did have a bit of seepage through to the outside of the fabric but i reckon if i did thinner coats and built it up then it wouldnt be so bad and if applying over a worn original strip it shouldn't be an issue
https://sweetpaprikadesigns.com/blogs/news/product-review-sock-stop

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Thing I find with the grippy strip at the end of cycling shorts is - not only does it lose its grip but the elastic goes too and you end up with lycra bell-bottoms

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Thing I find with the grippy strip at the end of cycling shorts is - not only does it lose its grip but the elastic goes too and you end up with lycra bell-bottoms
70s fashion :laugh:

Attachments

• 1640692855621.png
    1640692855621.png
    358.2 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom