Merida Urban 40, thoughts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,

I've been commuting for the last 7-8 years on a Scott Sportster p3 which is a hyrbid. Been servicing and replacing parts regularly as they have worn out but got to the stage where it needs approx £200-250 on parts/labour so I'm considering replacing it with something newer.

I've seen this bike online and it seems to have most of what I am looking for: Merida Urban 40 2016

My commute is all on road but would like a bike that I could take on family off road routes very occasionally, would also like disc brakes as I ride all year round and have had to replace several wheels through wear to the rims so thought they would save me money in the long run and also be better in the bad weather.

I'm interested on thoughts of this bike as I cannot find any specific reviews of this bike but generally Merida seems to be a reasonable brand.

Also, happy for any other suggestions for bikes around this price point.

Thanks for any help.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Looks a good deal. You even get hydraulic brakes. They do give you more secure braking in all weathers. Try to get up to the shop and try it.

OP
OP
T

TonbridgeSteve

Veteran
Thanks, I can't get to the shop as it's too far away. Would have to be an online purchase. I have gone to a cycle UK shop which had the model below (Urban 20) in a 52cm frame which was ok height wise (with the seat right down) but too long for me so reasonable happy that the 46cm should be ok.

Top Bottom