England : Somerset Merry Monks and Nutty Nuns

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
coffeejo

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Having read your home page, i think if they mistook you it would be far far worse. :stop: :laugh:
:laugh:

adamwatkins

biker
I did the long one and fell off half way. Thankfully the bent rear mech lasted the next 100k although shifting badly. Second rider back which I was pleased with. Hope to repeat next year without falling off ...

OP
OP
coffeejo

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
[QUOTE 2432915, member: 76"]Well I had a great day. Jo was great company, and I quickly forgot being called a User76 by a complete stranger in front of 50 people![/quote]
:blush:

Philip Whiteman

Über Member
This event is a difficult act to follow. The route passes through varied and some gorgeous countryside, my favourite part being the section between Honiton and Colyton. Mark is always very welcoming and friendly to participants whilst Helen is slaving away on the catering front by rolling out endless cake and lemon meringue.

With over 200 riders on the 100km Merry Monks, the event has clearly built a strong reputation in recent years. I am always a tad surprised with the smaller field for the 200km Nutty Nuns - although 40 riders in 2013 is a significant advance over the 17 in 2009. The 200km follows an absolutely superb route and it would be great to see even more 200 riders next year.

Unfortunately, I did not 'win' this audax this year. The honour fell to Bobbinogs of this parish, who romped home with a finish a clear hour ahead of myself at 3.30pm. Next year I may simply ride it at a leisurable speed and enjoy the views.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Cannot believe this was almost 2 months ago! :blush:Have been incredibly busy with work, rides, and helping out, time has flown...

Meant to post to say that I think this is now my new favourite 100k, the route was lovely and the controls were also great. As for Helen's cakes :ohmy: wow! What an amazing choice, and even better, TRIFLE :tongue: Even though I was one of the last few to make it back there was still loads of choice.

Am so pleased to have finally ridden it after diary clashes, injury and weather had conspired against me in previous years.

It was a pleasure to finally meet coffejo and delightful as ever to see the lovely Maggot, even if he did have some strange theories about what the folk of Bridgwater do to their road signs :laugh:

Top Bottom