Met my Goal!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fuzzybuddha

I am so totally stoked! I set a goal of 1000 miles (1600km) and reached it today. I missed this goal last year by 60 miles (95km). Not only did I hit it, I still have 2 months left of riding, with 2 reasonably long rides (to me) ahead of me! This has been a great year. Just wanted to share my happy

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Good feeling isn't it? :thumbsup:

rugby bloke

Veteran
Nice one, now to set a bigger target !

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Why only 2 months of riding left? Do your legs drop off in October, or do you begin hibernation then?
When do you count your year from-to, is it a birthday? I think most people count annual milage from 1st Jan to 31st Dec, I know I do.
Well done on hitting your target early, time to increase the target and keep going?

OP
OP
fuzzybuddha

fuzzybuddha

Thank you everyone! I am going to increase my goal to 2000 miles for this year. Probably try for 3000 next year. I generally only ride from March to October due to weather and daylight. I am not die hard enough at the moment to ride year round and/or at night.

si_c

Guru
Thank you everyone! I am going to increase my goal to 2000 miles for this year. Probably try for 3000 next year. I generally only ride from March to October due to weather and daylight. I am not die hard enough at the moment to ride year round and/or at night.
You should definitely consider riding through autumn and winter - wait for a dry cold day and layer up appropriately, some of my best rides have been through winter when you can stay cool and the roads and cycle paths are relatively clear of other people. If you go out for a couple of hours during the day you don't even need much by way of lights - a set of daylight running lights are advisable though.

Top Bottom