Met one of my heroes today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Saw him on the Douglas prom' on his MV 500 in 1967: both were rather smaller than I expected. But he's rich, and the bike was fast. Which is more than I am:smile:

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Well you learn something every day. I thought an Agositini was some sort of seafood that gets served up in posh Italian restaurants.

He wasn't lying on top of a load of pasta was he?

Hilldodger said:
Agostini:biggrin:

Shook is 'and an all I did:biggrin:

He's shorter that I imagined, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giacomo_Agostini

A mate and myself went to Thruxton to watch a round of the British touring cars. It was hospitality all the way, met Jason Plato etc. etc.

Last race over we were leaving the circuit, and walking back to the car amongst the great unwashed when I saw this little old man and his wife coming the other way.

Nobody took any notice of them except me. Stood in front of him and asked politely could I have his autograph. Which he duly did once his good lady had found a pen in her bag as I couldn't find mine.

"Who the hell was that?" my mate asks.

"John Surtees" says I.

Abitrary

Is agostini the bloke who does those magazines with kits that teaches you how to build a grandfather clock or something?

postman

Legendary Member
Bloke i would like to meet.1966 star Sheff Weds and England goalie Ron Springett.Thought he was fantastic.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Lardyboy said:
A mate and myself went to Thruxton to watch a round of the British touring cars. It was hospitality all the way, met Jason Plato etc. etc.

Last race over we were leaving the circuit, and walking back to the car amongst the great unwashed when I saw this little old man and his wife coming the other way.

Nobody took any notice of them except me. Stood in front of him and asked politely could I have his autograph. Which he duly did once his good lady had found a pen in her bag as I couldn't find mine.

"Who the hell was that?" my mate asks.

"John Surtees" says I.

the only man to be world champion on two and four wheels. he deserves better recognition than he gets imho.

alecstilleyedye said:
the only man to be world champion on two and four wheels. he deserves better recognition than he gets imho.

Quite Alec. I was astounded I was the only person that recognised the him.

I believe he has received some sort of "gong" in one of the Queen's honours lists this year.

Top Bottom