Metal cutting?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Tinsnips will give you a straighter smoother edge than any of the alternatives being suggested on here, and without all the time spent fettling a sawn edge afterwards: it takes a few seconds with the back of a scalpel blade to deburr the sharp side of a sheared edge.
Deburring with a scalpul blade lol.
Eh never heard of a file ?

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Veteran
Tinsnips will give you a straighter smoother edge than any of the alternatives being suggested on here, and without all the time spent fettling a sawn edge afterwards: it takes a few seconds with the back of a scalpel blade to deburr the sharp side of a sheared edge.

I have snips, but you have more confidence in my potential cutting skills than I do...

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Veteran
To be honest, if you're looking to buy tools it would be cheaper to buy a new number plate.
The reason I have this plate in the first place is that it was supplied by the lease company. The plate was free. It's just that they provided a plate which has a sort of central 1.5cm strip on the bottom that advertises the lease company. It's like the plates in the picture here (it is in fact a Hills finished plate)

https://hillsnumberplates.com/products/finished-plates/

Top Bottom