mice and other things

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

Mr Wafflycat has spent the afternoon in the loft. There was an odour. We have discovered a several of dead mice. As well as mice droppings there's evidence of something else. Not, as far as I can tell, rats droppings. Anyone got any photos of squirrel droppings?

hang on, i'll just check my animal-dropping photo collection....

aha!

No.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
wafflycat said:
Mr Wafflycat has spent the afternoon in the loft. There was an odour. We have discovered a several of dead mice. As well as mice droppings there's evidence of something else. Not, as far as I can tell, rats droppings. Anyone got any photos of squirrel droppings?

http://www.aaanimalcontrol.com/squirreldroppings.html

http://www.elmbridge.gov.uk/services/environment/squirrels.htm

;) Eee hope you can get rid of them, they are a bit annoying and used to nick the peanuts from the birdfeeder in my garden - until I gave them (the peanuts) a light dusting with chilli powder.... birdes eat them still but not seen a squirrel in aaages

Good luck!

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
wafflycat said:
I have a feeling the felines of Chez Wafflycat will be making regular patrols of the loft..

Don't send them up there if you have rockwool insulation as it is a major irritant, akin to fiber glass.

Alternatively you could construct a small gantry around the loft from which the cats can patrol. Maybe with actionman sized replica uzi's?

Tx

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

Just try to stop the felines of Chez Wafflycat form getting in the loft... as soon as they hear the loft access hatch being opened - they teleport in from nowhere and zoom up the step ladders like greased lightning. They love it in 'the big up' and once up there, they can refuse to come down for hours...

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
A friends exceptionally nosey cat once pulled lengths of string, tied to her tail, under the floorboards of his flat, under every room so we could route speaker cables from his Hi-Fi.
She was rewarded with fresh tuna after every foray.

T x

wafflycat said:
Mr Wafflycat has spent the afternoon in the loft. There was an odour. We have discovered a several of dead mice. As well as mice droppings there's evidence of something else.
Stock up on silver bullets, garlic, pointy wooden stakes and a jug of holy water :biggrin: ;).

Maz

Guru
Waffly...you need to find out where they're coming in from and close it off. We had squirells getting into our loft through a gap in the soffit. We got the gap filled in to solve the problem.

surfgurl

We had squirrels in the loft of a previous house. They chewed the roof trusses and also nibbled the electrical wiring. The roofer came to have a look and said they had got in through the missing tiles. He also said squirrels will eat electric wire but mice won't. May be worth checking any cables in your roof.

Keith Oates

Janner
tdr1nka said:
A friends exceptionally nosey cat once pulled lengths of string, tied to her tail, under the floorboards of his flat, under every room so we could route speaker cables from his Hi-Fi.
She was rewarded with fresh tuna after every foray.

T x
That seems like one very unusual cat to do that, a few more cats like that and your friend could start up a lucrative business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom