Mice................rubber fetishists????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Wasn't sure where to post this, sorry if wrong place.......

I'm lucky enough to have a largeish brick built shed. It was just full of junk, and we kept the chicked food out there.

Anyway, a month or so ago, I cleared it all out so we could keep the bikes in there and I could work on them in there too.
Whilst clearing the junk, I found some mouse droppings. Presumably they were eating the chicken food and nesting in the clutter but since its all been cleaned out, I've seen a mouse in there several times.
There's nothing for them to eat in there, and nowhere to nest so I assume they're just taking advantage of a warm, dry room.

Is there a danger of them chewing the bike tyres? anyone had any experience of this? I'm asking as they chewed some holes in my fishing bag while it was out there.

I've no desire to kill them, live and let live and all that and I don't begrudge them a bit of shelter from the elements but if they start chewing on my Kendals they'll be squished in a heartbeat ;)

What do you think? Mice, bikesafe or not?

Bigtallfatbloke

I'd get extermomouse in asap. I had them in our old garage and they chew lot's of things. BUT the worst was when they die and rot away in some hidden corner and stink th eplace out. You can get traps and poison boxes so thjat you know where they are when they die and can dispose of them. Either that or steel next doors cat and lock it up in th egarage for a week.

walker

I doubt they will nibble at the tyres, the cables maybe but not hte tyres, and you won't notice the brake cables gone till its too late

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Give them some mini-treadmills (or exercise bikes) and hook these up somehow so that they generate electricity for your house.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Kirstie said:
I think they'd only be rubber fetishists if you found them binding and gagging each other with the inner tubes in your spares box and thwacking each other with bits of gear cable and zip ties ;)

;):biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Thanks peeps.

The general opinion being eviction then ;)

Or,
I think they'd only be rubber fetishists if you found them binding and gagging each other with the inner tubes in your spares box and thwacking each other with bits of gear cable and zip ties
:smile: set up a night vision video camera ;)

Humane traps?
Good idea, I'll put some out.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Give them some mini-treadmills (or exercise bikes) and hook these up somehow so that they generate electricity for your house.

Tried that, but they're lazy buggers.

Soon as my back was turned, the lights would start flickering as the mice chatter grew louder and louder ;)

<Warning: The above may be ficticious>

Top Bottom