Mice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Sitting here in my office at work and spotted 6 mice running around in 4 different parts of the office. I have reported it to metronet but all they do is put poison down and if the mice do partake they end up perishing somewhere unreachable and stinking out the office.

got-to-get-fit

Sounds like a good excuse to make a catapult out of elastic bands and ping the little fookers

Keith Oates

Janner
It's much easier to make a little wire box with a one way in only entrance and then put some tasty food inside to attract them to enter. Drowning them afterwards can upset some people though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

domtyler

Über Member
The "Little Nipper" is your friend. Getting hard to get nowadays though.

We have one or two in our house every so often as we live next to fields and I can vouch for the fact that nothing works better than a peanut butter loaded Little Nipper. Last time I tried one of those sticky traps, not nice, I chased the poor little bugger round the corner where it ran straight onto the trap and just stuck there squeaking until I ended it with a piece of wood.

The only problem I have ever had with the Little Nips is that once it caught the mouse just by the nose and it didn't die. I had to then cut off its head with a wood chisel and a hammer. Again, not the most pleasant task at 4am when you've just got up for a pee.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
domtyler said:

We have one or two in our house every so often as we live next to fields and I can vouch for the fact that nothing works better than a peanut butter loaded Little Nipper. Last time I tried one of those sticky traps, not nice, I chased the poor little bugger round the corner where it ran straight onto the trap and just stuck there squeaking until I ended it with a piece of wood.

The only problem I have ever had with the Little Nips is that once it caught the mouse just by the nose and it didn't die. I had to then cut off its head with a wood chisel and a hammer. Again, not the most pleasant task at 4am when you've just got up for a pee.

Have you got a baseball bat by the bed for burglars, Dom?:smile:

LLB

domtyler said:

sounds like you need one of these for a thorough job

12165.jpg

Maz

Guru
My vote is for cat, a good 'ol fashion mouse trap or a sticky glue pad, but you'll have to kill the mouse yourself with that last one.

Top Bottom