Mice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
how are about getting a snake for the office? it worked for me!:biggrin: till it found a way out side and did not come back:sad::smile:

domtyler

Über Member
The last one we had had got into one of the cupboards in the kitchen and made himself a nest out of a packet of paper napkins! :rolleyes: The cheeky little feck. He had devoured a whole packet of oats too. Wouldn't have been surprised if he had upgraded my Sky subscription for me too!

When I found it I started taking everything out and then found that he was still there sleeping! He soon woke when I turned on the hoover and chased him round, I came within an inch or two of sucking him up but he just managed to get away. It was later than night that I chased him onto the sticky pad though.

Bit of a shame as it was a field mouse, they are brown, rather than a house mouse, which are grey. Maybe I'll try a humane trap next time, who knows?

Maz

Guru
yorkshiregoth said:
It's a member of the 7th Armoured Division, also known as a Desert Rat.
Tough customer...

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
We've used the mouse-friendly mouse traps in the past - but they are only mouse friendly if you check them often. Once we caught them we would then release them in the garage (cos we didn't want to put them out in the cold). Luckily we haven't had any for ages.

Arch

Married to Night Train
domtyler said:
They look like common or garden House mice to me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mus_musculus

Hice Mice, surely?;)

My supervisor's cat brought a rabbit in the other day, deposited it live in the bathroom and sat and watching it hopping round. When my boss went to check out the hoppiting noises from upstairs, the cat looked at him as if to say "well, I've brought it in, it's your turn to play now".

Humane traps if you can check them regularly, and have somewhere a long way away to release them. Otherwise, a swift sprung trap, and hope it works quickly. I don't like the sound of the sticky ones. Animals trapped by one limb have been known to gnaw it off to get away.

surfgurl

I'm sure in one of those photos the mouse is eyeing up the drawer marked chisels, hard hats and DNA kit.
I would be very afraid if I was you. If your key doesn't work in the office door tomorrow morning, my only advice is to run for the hills.

We had mice when we lived in a cottage on a farm. I came home one day to discover the OH running stalking them with an airgun. He (and the gun) had a lousy aim so we resorted to traps. That was a fun weekend with the kids. During Sunday lunch all the traps went off one by one. The kids just had to rush off and give us a commentary.

Top Bottom