Michelin Pro 4's - 3rd time lucky.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
Well, it was 25 Feb when I ordered a set of Pro 4 race tyres with inners.

CRC have sent two lots out and both haven't arrived.:wacko:

I've just had to tell them to have another go and send a 3rd set out.

Some postman will be flying around on nice tyres somewhere:whistle:

bianchi1

Guru
If they are anything like pro race 3s the postman will be spending most of his time fixing punctures!

bianchi1

Guru
I guess that shows why manufacturers need to maintain quality. I used Michelin for as long as I can remember and loved them, then came along the pro 3s...puncture after puncture, the final straw being 2 in a 20 mile loop. Moved to shwalbe and havnt had a problem since, so now I'm loyal to that brand.

That said I've got my eyes on some new Michelin wheels and they now come with the tyres. They will have your cash whatever.

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
I only ever had two punctures on Pro3's in about 6k miles, but nothing to do wiith the tyre, a burr on the spoke hole nicked the tube after the rim tape moved causing both. Yeah, they may cut up a little during poor winter months/bad road conditions but I love them.

I hope your 4's turn up, nothing more frustrating than knowing someone somewhere is ripping off your stuff.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Pro 3s were not good at puncture resistance. Pro 2s were better and Pro 4s have improved that. Happy with my pro4s

I've done over 5000 miles on Pro 3s and not one single puncture, so that doesn't sound right!

At the moment I'm using Pro 3 light tyres, which are defiitely lighter and feel faster..... but no punctures yet.

Mallory

Pro 3's were the fastest & grippiest ties i've ever used. They were also the most punctured tyre i've ever had. A condom is more puncture resistant. 3 punctures in one tyre at the SAME time FFS.

I still have pro3 on my Scott, not had problems with punctures but they certainly cut up badly. I had bought a job lot, just got one more left then I will be changing to something better.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
My Pro3s cut up more than my Pro4s. Never had an issue with punctures until they were quite worn. The Pro4 range also has an endurance tyre which is supposed to the most hard wearing with additional puncture protection, an intermediate service course version that I have and the race version.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
That really is a matter for concern, 2 orders going missing. I hope the carrier, WHOEVER THAT MAY BE, are having loss claims submitted. Without that happening, somebody is getting away with theft and wont to be able to be caught. These companys need 'missing item' reports to be able to create access and opportunity charts that catch these people. I luv the assumptions made earlier in this thread that it has to be a Royal Mail employee. Why couldnt it be a CRC employee, and do CRC use Royal Mail. My stuff from them has always cum via Parcelfarce who DONT EMPLOY POSTMEN.

Top Bottom