Mid range tablet recommendation .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newts

Veteran
I've had the Huawei M5 lite for a couple of years & it's been very good. Battery life, sound/screen quality all excellent. Carries less bloatware than the Samsungs I've had previously. I'm a long time android user both phone & tablet, the only apple ive been tempted by is the fermented version.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Yep looks like I was looking at the laptops.
What do you mean by Levona having a different approach?
It's more oriented to viewing and watching. It has an integral stand which folds out, or hangs from a hook, and is a very different shape, which reaps rewards in terms of both battery life from a bigger battery capacity. It also produces usefully better audio because of its shape.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Shame you're not considering an iPad as it's really the best tablet you can buy. Android OS is optimised for phones and you'll find many apps just won't work properly.
iOS is just such a joy and a breeze to use. We have a Tab A and a iPad Air and the Air is just light years ahead of the A.
I think you can get the basic iPad for about £250 and it will do all you want and very intuitive to use. Well worth it imho.
plus apple support their products software-wise for a long time compared to samsung and others. my 2006 macbook only stopped being compatible with apple music last year. that said, my eldest son was offered a ipad but preferred a ms surface go instead, which has a detachable keyboard so it go from laptop to tablet mode. the reverse is possible with an ipad with a bluetooth keyboard.

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
It's more oriented to viewing and watching. It has an integral stand which folds out, or hangs from a hook, and is a very different shape, which reaps rewards in terms of both battery life from a bigger battery capacity. It also produces usefully better audio because of its shape.

Must say I'm tempted by the 64gb yoga.
It rocks my boxes. Only thing it comes with android 9 but looks like it will not receive any more OS updates.

Ponders..... Hmmm.

gbb

Legendary Member
No lover of iPads, i usually use a Tab A something or other, mid range, don't generally have issues unless theres a lot running on it (grandkids tend to mess with it a lot). Ny wife runs an iPad and it makes me realise, hers runs seemingly without issues however many apps she runs...and its a lot. Mind, i can't remember how much hers cost, the two may be of completely different quality.

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Right, picking one up on Wednesday. Do you have a case for yours and what are your thoughts?

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

How are you finding it?

I like it. The sound is great. Enough to stand alone in a room. I've not really done much with it yet as I only picked it up yesterday. £230 for the 64gb version de matched by Currys and £16 for a sandisc series 10 256Gb ultra SD card from ebay. It is more than enough for my needs. Just got to sort out a decent screen protector now.

Top Bottom