Midge advice in Southern Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
You've obviously never been to Galloway.

Many times, but it pales in to insignificance when you have spent an entire season on a construction site in Eridine. :eek:

tinywheels

Über Member

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've done glasgow to Southend on a couple of occasions never been bothered by the beasties.
my parents came from the Highlands, perhaps my biological makeup is less attractive than those from different climes.
My mum's side of the family came from the Highlands & Islands. I got my mum's easily burned skin and my dad's appeal to biting beasties! :laugh:

I went on holiday to Corfu once and was attacked by vicious mosquitos every night. I don't think that my girlfriend and stepdaughter got a single bite between them so there definitely is something about me that beasties like.

Slick

Guru
I've done glasgow to Southend on a couple of occasions never been bothered by the beasties.
my parents came from the Highlands, perhaps my biological makeup is less attractive than those from different climes.

To be fair, some people do react very differently and I think they have never really got to the bottom of why. I'm not too bad against the midge, but on a recent trip to South Africa, I was in tatters whilst others were left untouched. :eek:

HugoC

We only had a midge problem on the last morning of the Scottish leg of our LEJOG in July last year, at Bettyhill. To get there we went via Gretna Green, Moffat, East Calder, Perth, Inverness and (of course) the Crask Inn. Maybe we were lucky?

Top Bottom