Midweek Chinese - a tad difficult - usual suspects back to beetroot sandwiches please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fancying a bit of spicy comfort food. Spring onions stickered at 30p in the Co-Op. Combine egg fried rice with spicy prawns in a sweet sauce. Let's go for it. Do the sauce first, fresh red chilli (better for the colour and taste) garlic and a good hunk of grated ginger. Fry as slowly as you can. Defrost the prawns and add with the water (it's a cheap fish stock). Add thickening. Small omelette pan and one egg. Briskly mash it up and put to one side. Do not over cook. Get rice on. Check prawns and sauce. Add hefty amount of honey and check balance.* Add apple and mango juice. Get chopped spring onions into large frying pan and slightly brown them before turning heat down. Drain rice and add to frying pan with peas and reserved egg. A dash of dark soy sauce wouldn't go amiss with the egg fried rice.

*On tasting analysis, I was 20% over with the honey. Remember that you can always add more of a sugar at a late stage. The ginger gives you margin with the honey.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
The ginger gives you margin with the honey.
That's what Miss Goodbody says when she's thinking of grating her ginger onto my prawns.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I made a pie...

image.jpg

Fried rice is best made with rice that was cooked the day before frying it.

Yes.

Fancying a bit of spicy comfort food. Spring onions stickered at 30p in the Co-Op. Combine egg fried rice with spicy prawns in a sweet sauce. Let's go for it. Do the sauce first, fresh red chilli (better for the colour and taste) garlic and a good hunk of grated ginger. Fry as slowly as you can. Defrost the prawns and add with the water (it's a cheap fish stock). Add thickening. Small omelette pan and one egg. Briskly mash it up and put to one side. Do not over cook. Get rice on. Check prawns and sauce. Add hefty amount of honey and check balance.* Add apple and mango juice. Get chopped spring onions into large frying pan and slightly brown them before turning heat down. Drain rice and add to frying pan with peas and reserved egg. A dash of dark soy sauce wouldn't go amiss with the egg fried rice.

*On tasting analysis, I was 20% over with the honey. Remember that you can always add more of a sugar at a late stage. The ginger gives you margin with the honey.

Since when egg fried rice has honey, fish stock, grated ginger, apple and mango juice. And there is never any sauce. Just go to You tube and look at all of them and none them comes close to what you described.

Its basically day old rice cold (freshly cooked rice is so wrong) coated with 2 fried eggs plus stuff like prawns, diced chicken, bean sprout etc.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Am I the only one thats fed up with these threads now, we don't care what you've had for your fecking tea!

You've missed the point. Patrick is a tease. He teases out the finest imaginary details of his daily Lidl beans on toast and attempts to pass off the resultant turgid prose as a gourmand's wet dream.

He's yet to master the art of matching his prose to his imaginary audience.

He'll never make a living from it. No one is buying into his dreams.

Top Bottom