Midweek doner kebab

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Still no pictures.....

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I'll stick celery salt on my list of new things to try then.

I don't grow them. I just buy them with best intentions but can never quite bring myself to cook them and in the blink of an eye, they rot while I'm thinking about it.
If you've got a gas cooker, roast the aubergines by putting them on the flame. They go blackened and squidgy and utterly gorgeous - take off the worst of the burning and use in a tomato sauce or simply season and eat as is. You can probably get a similar effect in a very hot oven.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I'll stick celery salt on my list of new things to try then.

I don't grow them. I just buy them with best intentions but can never quite bring myself to cook them and in the blink of an eye, they rot while I'm thinking about it.

Celery is shíte, it's not worth the effort to eat it. As mench'd above, blackening the skins is a great way to cook aubes, they take on a wonderful smokey flavour, we're all 'lectric so I used a Camping Gaz stove, a bit laborious but worth the effort.

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
Patrick I'm going to give this a go, how long does it need to cook for?

It very much depends on the weight and how you shape it in the tin. Treat it as a roast and you won't go far wrong. It's better undercooked rather than over cooked to keep it moist. Grease the greaseproof paper to stop it sticking to the meat.

Top Bottom