Midweek indian meal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In the local co-op looking for inspiration (actually it's usually stickered items I'm after) and there's a half price pack of turkey bits. Hmmm..................curry? Quite a lot for two. The rest will keep once cooked. So.........

1. Turkey bits quickly marinaded in garlic, oil, turmeric and several different types of pepper and chilli. Flour added as a coating. They will be shallow fried
2. My take on rogan ghosh with some manky tomatoes and a simple base.
3. Lime and mango bhargis.
4. Rice and poppadums of course.

Been watching Masterchef the Professionals, so there will be a poncy presentation with all the "elements" separate on the plate.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Lime and mango pickle :hungry:

Turkey left overs on 11 December.....we normally have ours on 26th.
I'm rather fond of Mixed Pickle. I prefer it to lime pickle, though it has limes in it.

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
Hmm.............the spicy turkey bits had a peculiar flavour. I thought I might have cocked it up with the coating, but a bit from the middle had a distinctive non turkey flavour. So I played safe and ate the rest instead. The mango and lime fritters were just great.

A delight

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Hmm.............the spicy turkey bits had a peculiar flavour. I thought I might have cocked it up with the coating, but a bit from the middle had a distinctive non turkey flavour. So I played safe and ate the rest instead. The mango and lime fritters were just great.

What's the feral cat numbers like in Llangollen?

I learnt this from a mate ... spray uncooked pappadums lightly, put them between 2 sheets of paper towels and stick them in the microwave for 15 secs.

Top Bottom