"Might need a bit of a clean..."

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My younger son, who builds high-end gaming computers, bequeathed me the remains of his just retired rig. It has a water cooler for the CPU. A bit dusty, he said...
20191227_114847.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
Cleaner than my Y fronts.

My younger son, who builds high-end gaming computers, bequeathed me the remains of his just retired rig. It has a water cooler for the CPU. A bit dusty, he said...
View attachment 497985
When the heatsink looks like it's covered in wool it might be time to buy a HVAC and lots of compressed air xx(

I mean, I say heatsink, that's merely an assumption. It could be anything under there. Maybe even @Drago's y-fronts!

Here's the rig that replaced all the gubbins I got, which included a fancy touch-screen fan controller and a Geforce GTX Titan X.
IMG-20191129-WA0000.jpg

The motherboard, CPU and RAM you can see in that will be coming my way also next year. Core i7 3820 and 32GB of 1866 MHz DDR3 memory. Until then, the cooler, now cleaned, and the Corsair Obsidian 750D case it came in, will have to await a suitable power unit: the Titan X assumes a 650W system supply, of which it can consume 250W. Eek. He's running that rig on a 1000W unit.

keithmac

Guru
I was chatting to a customer before Christmas and he's got an all singing and dancing rig, said it was a fan-less design and silent (has it in living room next to TV).

Globalti

Legendary Member
We got GtiJunior's room dry-lined and insulated so when he was playing his of a similar spec the room was nice and warm! That consumed 400-500 watts.

Top Bottom