might not be around for a bit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Arch said:
I wondered, and tended to think it might be accidental - although whenever I give someone the benefit of the doubt I seem to be proved wrong... ;)
It's sheer coincidence. If you're going to say that you're not going to be around for a while, how many ways are there to say it? However much of a prize nana he may be sometimes I'd credit him with not being callous or deliberately insensitive.

This place seems to be going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment (see the long running Cafe threads by tetedelacourse and Crackle, for example) and Bonj was only reflecting that in his OP. If he'd buggered off and said nothing, well people would be asking where he'd gone. Saying that you're taking a break is just good manners really.

yello

Chuffy said:
Saying that you're taking a break is just good manners really.

I'd not thought of it like that. I've always been quite happy just to drop off the radar for a bit but then I'm hardly a prolific poster.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Rab said:
Is it not possible that it is coincidental? I don't think Bonj would have deliberately done this. Perhaps it was subconsciously done.

Clumsy - yes, poor timing - yes

Deliberate - I don't think so

Maybe I am just naive and only see the good in people

Isn't that what I said? ;)

Flying_Monkey said:
Isn't that what I said? B)

Not quite

Bonj didn't deliberatly set out to post in poor taste. He is many things, but not that insensitive

I was stating that the wording of the title was coincidental - an accident perhaps.

As chuffy said, there are not too many ways to say it

Incidentally, as an aside, I don't always agree with what he says, but I for one would be disappointed to see him go

Landslide

Rare Migrant
I was thinking more "Landslide is away"...

Top Bottom