Milan San Remo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Allaphillipe or will it come down to the sprinters ? Is Sagan back to racing fit? Its one of the few races I've never been to.Allways fancied it but never got round to it.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Viviani to win a monument in the tricolore, perhaps? Alaphillipe, Sagan, Kwiatkowski and Valverde to mark each other out of it, with far too many teams taking sprinters for a breakaway to stay away without at least two sprinters in it. If that happens, Matthews will be one of the sprinters, but get beaten by whoever else makes it over.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Saying that Bennett's on top form,if racing maybe Sagan will ride for him ? I'm surprised he's not in the Giro squad...at the moment.

Thomson

I hope Sagan wins it adding to his two monuments. Shame I can’t watch it live. Valverde will be in the mix as well I feel.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I like Alaphilippe on form (and I just like his style), but I think he'll be marked by everyone. It's very difficult for a favourite to win at MSR. If he does win, I think it will be on the descent of the Poggio, where he could shake off a small group, although not if it's still a very large peleton by then - he's got crazy descending skills, as well as being able to climb explosively and great sprinting speed. He's a proper all-rounder.

Dark horse for me is someone like John Degenkolb, who hasn't been on the radar all season, but has been waiting for this. But who knows?

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
So basically it's a guessing game ! Hard race to predict Nibali last year,was it Kwiatowski year before ? The one with the Sprint against Sagan,probally one of my favourite finishes.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Damning blast forgot to set the recorder before going for a walk. I'llbe watching highlights and commenting later then. Hippos iit's a good one!

Top Bottom