Milan San Remo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I like Alaphilippe on form (and I just like his style), but I think he'll be marked by everyone. It's very difficult for a favourite to win at MSR. If he does win, I think it will be on the descent of the Poggio, where he could shake off a small group, although not if it's still a very large peleton by then - he's got crazy descending skills, as well as being able to climb explosively and great sprinting speed. He's a proper all-rounder.

Dark horse for me is someone like John Degenkolb, who hasn't been on the radar all season, but has been waiting for this. But who knows?
Degenkolb looked good until his 'mechanical' I saw him banging.his bike presumably to jump the chain on.I think he was using a single chainring upfront ? Thought aqua blue said how shoot this set up was before they folded.

poor dekenkolb looked less than impressed when that happened with 3 km to go.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Degenkolb looked good until his 'mechanical' I saw him banging.his bike presumably to jump the chain on.I think he was using a single chainring upfront ? Thought aqua blue said how shoot this set up was before they folded.
Yeah but it's a holy grail of the bike industry, innit? Only one more expensive mech and chains and front rings that need changing much more often.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Yeah but it's a holy grail of the bike industry, innit? Only one more expensive mech and chains and front rings that need changing much more often.
I bet he won't be riding Flanders or Roubaix with it though.Not a happy bunny.

Top Bottom