Milan-San Remo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Its on Eurosport at 4.00pm Saturday for a whole hour and 15 minutes! Hope Paris-Roubaix gets more time.

With Hushovd apparently in the form of his life and McEwen coming on form is it going to be one for the sprinters or will a group go off?

Keith Oates

Janner
I think it will be one for the sprinters but not necessarily the ones you've mentioned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

girofan

1hr 15min should be plenty of time to see the Cipressa onwards. Ending inevitably in the usual mass sprint! ;)
How about taking the course North before the finish away from the sea for a more interesting contest?:biggrin:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
mondobongo said:
Its on Eurosport at 4.00pm Saturday for a whole hour and 15 minutes! Hope Paris-Roubaix gets more time.

With Hushovd apparently in the form of his life and McEwen coming on form is it going to be one for the sprinters or will a group go off?

It is live on Eurosport 2 from 2.00pm.

Keith Oates

Janner
There's no spoiler in the title but the race is now getting very interesting, McEwen seems to be struggling but Friere is still in the hunt. The slipstream rider is doing well and keeping their name in the limelight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great win for Cancellara, but what were the rest of the leading group thinking. I mean he made that break with just over 1km to go and not one of them made a serious attempt the get his wheel

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
arranandy said:
Great win for Cancellara, but what were the rest of the leading group thinking. I mean he made that break with just over 1km to go and not one of them made a serious attempt the get his wheel

It was surprising they just let him ride away with it. but then it was like that Bettini break he just rode up to and then off the front he was not chased down straightaway.

Keith Oates

Janner
It seems that every one was waiting for the other to make a move and Cancellara just put his head down and went. He's having a good season so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noodley

Keith Oates said:
It seems that every one was waiting for the other to make a move and Cancellara just put his head down and went. He's having a good season so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He certainly is...there are a small number of riders having a good season so far, many of whom I had down as "clean" - hopefully we are now seeing "real" results.

(And I don't want to get into "how do you know" arguments as I will never "know"...just me I suppose)

girofan

Noodley said:
He certainly is...there are a small number of riders having a good season so far, many of whom I had down as "clean" - hopefully we are now seeing "real" results.

(And I don't want to get into "how do you know" arguments as I will never "know"...just me I suppose)

Have you also noticed Noodley the gaps between the various groups are larger this season, and when a split occurs it is not closed for several Km. if at all!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom