Milan - Sanremo 2016 **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hont

Guru
Well we know that Degonkolb will not defend his title. The two others - Kristoff and Matthews - that made the podium last year have looked in pretty decent form this year, but I'm picking Sagan....

...to come second. ;)

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Will a fired-up post-TA stage-cancellation Nibali be out for the win? The sprinters might be fighting for scraps if he and a few others decide to make a fight of it. Cancellara for instance might fancy mixing it up with him.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Will a fired-up post-TA stage-cancellation Nibali be out for the win? The sprinters might be fighting for scraps if he and a few others decide to make a fight of it. Cancellara for instance might fancy mixing it up with him.

I think Cancellara is out to win everything he can this year to cement his legacy. I am pretty certain he'll try to launch a characteristic attack near the end.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
More useless facts. The 2016 edition will be 23 years since the doping git Davide Rebellin made his debut in the race, when it was won by Maurizio Fondriest. How old does that make you feel?!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
More useless facts. The 2016 edition will be 23 years since the doping git Davide Rebellin made his debut in the race, when it was won by Maurizio Fondriest. How old does that make you feel?!
60! (I was thinking the other day that watching Greg Lemond win the 1989 TdF was what got me interested in cycling again. That also made me feel 60! :laugh:)

CaadX

de vlaeminck bit of a long shot I know, but you never know ? So were Leicester !

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I think Cancellara is out to win everything he can this year to cement his legacy. I am pretty certain he'll try to launch a characteristic attack near the end.

It does seem highly likely, doesn't it. I've just been watching his 2008 win on youtube and it's a masterpiece of tactical riding. He leaves it until about 1km out then gets a slingshot off another rider's attack, and once he's got a gap, there's no catching him. If he can pull off something like that again, I'll be very happy for him.

Might be hard to escape the likes of Sagan, Kristoff and especially GVA on current form though.

Will be interesting to see how Gaviria does - this is going to be his longest race by a considerable margin, but if he can stick with the leaders until the end, who knows? I suspect it's too soon for him though.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Top Bottom