Milan - Sanremo 2016 **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you look at his time up the Cipressa it compares favourably with other sprinters. Considering all of them are fighting to stay in touch at that point it's no real surprise it's one of the fastest, it has to be or the race is lost there. Greipel is not far behind him.

Meanwhile the internet is posting html views of Strava pages and crying conspiracy. Arnauld is being a bit careful in his phrasing though. I imagine a draft or a sticky bottle got used somewhere. Let Nibbles be the first to point the finger on that one eh ^_^

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
He's absolutely clear that he was drafting. That's exactly what any rider does after a crash. He also says that the commissaires' car was there the whole time, so if he had done anything unusual it would have been noticed. As he says, no-one would have cared had he just re-entered the peloton and finished in the pack. Is there any 'unwritten rule' that says that you can't try to win after getting back into the peloton in this way? Not that I've ever heard of...

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
If he had, it would have been by a Jaguar! If they all took a tow every now and again, my money would always be on Team Sky.
Don't they use Fords nowadays?

Top Bottom