Milan SanRemo spoilers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Mad descending. Enjoyed that! Looked like he nearly came undone on the last corner though.

And impressive to see MvdP at the pointy end having not raced this year.
Heart in my mouth time....not so much for Mohoric,more for my 40/1!

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Used a dropper post to skirt around the rules stopping you getting aero as you have to sit on the saddle and not the top tube, i wonder how long till they are banned ?
He's one of the best descenders there is.Loved the last 10k of that race.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Used a dropper post to skirt around the rules stopping you getting aero as you have to sit on the saddle and not the top tube, i wonder how long till they are banned ?
Probably won't be, because a dropper post offers better control than sitting on the tube, as Mohorič demonstrated, and not all riders will want the weight penalty, so only a few will use them for a few targetted stages.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
RAI have gone one odder than the Tour de France's virtual airship, having their post race discussion in an open air studio in front of the podium (with views through gaps in the back to it), with a virtual statue of the winner in salute next to the pundits:
screenshot_20220319212130.jpg

It's far odder than that looked, as the view changed as the cameras moved, so there must have been some multiscopic photography as he crossed the line.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Probably won't be, because a dropper post offers better control than sitting on the tube, as Mohorič demonstrated, and not all riders will want the weight penalty, so only a few will use them for a few targetted stages.
Says who....Have you the data from accidents from the "supertuck" ?
You could be right but I can't recall seeing many if any ?
UCI are usually pretty strict on technology,so maybe it will get banned.

Proto

Legendary Member
MvdP puts his rides up on Strava. Check out his power data up the Poggio 🙀🙀

https://www.strava.com/activities/6849261214

Chapeau @Adam4868! Chapeau Mohoric!
Have always enjoyed his racing and felt he has been somewhat under appreciated over the years, Greta fun, thoroughly deserved.

Now, have never been into MTBs and am not at all techy, so can someone explain to me in simple language what a dropper post is and how it gains advantage?

Top Bottom