Mileage tracking website

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MichaelO

Veteran
Couldn't think of the right title for this. I'm not looking for suggestions like Strava, ridewithgps, Garmin etc. What I'm looking for (and hoping exists) is a website/app to use to track a group's total mileage against a virtual challenge. For example, a family all cycling different rides but entering their mileage into one site which plots their progression as a distance from their home. So if the target was to virtually cycle from London to Cape Town (6,000 miles straight line), the website would show how far they'd achieved at any point in time ( so would have them at about Brighton once they'd covered 50 miles etc).

Sounds "simple", but I can't find anything!

vickster

Legendary Member
Shared Excel spreadsheet? :ph34r:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Strava does a lot of this and you can set your family/friends as a 'club/group'. Pretty sure you can set a challenge, but even the standard 'group' will show you a leaders board etc. It's also free for most of the family.

OP
OP
MichaelO

MichaelO

Veteran
Strava does a lot of this and you can set your family/friends as a 'club/group'. Pretty sure you can set a challenge, but even the standard 'group' will show you a leaders board etc. It's also free for most of the family.
I had a look at that and I could only see it shows weekly totals for the club. If there's a way to set it up to show yearly, or a challenge, that would be perfect - might have to have another look.

OP
OP
MichaelO

MichaelO

Veteran
Quick google, and there's a chrome extension which enables annual total tracking - keeping it on Strava would be easiest, so that's a good option. Strange that Strava haven't implemented club challenges/annual mileage views!

vickster

Legendary Member
Quick google, and there's a chrome extension which enables annual total tracking - keeping it on Strava would be easiest, so that's a good option. Strange that Strava haven't implemented club challenges/annual mileage views!
Do you have premium Strava...maybe there's something?

OP
OP
MichaelO

MichaelO

Veteran
Yeah I have premium. Excel is my definite fall back - would be just good if there was an easy way to have a visual map showing progress (a dot on a line between two places moving as mileage gets logged).
Maybe I need to learn some IT skills quickly & put something together!! Something to do while stuck at home!

Always Cross

Veteran
I’ve just started a virtual challenge cycling from lands to Jon o groates On a site called My Virtual Mission I add my mileage manually and can see how far on a map i am from lands end. Looking at the route the app chose wouldn’t be one I’d do in real life but it will keep me interested.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MichaelO

MichaelO

Veteran
I’ve just started a virtual challenge cycling from lands to Jon o groates On a site called My Virtual Mission I add my mileage manually and can see how far on a map i am from lands end. Looking at the route the app chose wouldn’t be one I’d do in real life but it will keep me interested.
That looks very promising - thanks!

Thanks, I’ve started my virtual Lejog too, because of the linky you posted. I was hoping to include my cycling from Jan 1st, but this is exactly what I wanted.... so thanks!
Here I am...
66B9D7C3-013A-4309-A276-A72268BBB699.png

Top Bottom