Miles or kms?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sjw

It's all in my head. Did 15.something miles route yesterday, woohoo go me! Took over an hour but I'm not too fussed, couple of hills included.
Going to switch to kms and see if it makes a mental difference.
To be clear, miles seem so looooong

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Miles, the audaxers will be along in a bit with their continental ways.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
It's all in my head. Did 15.something miles route yesterday, woohoo go me! Took over an hour but I'm not too fussed, couple of hills included.
Going to switch to kms and see if it makes a mental difference.
To be clear, miles seem so looooong

Miles. It’s not supposed to be easy.

Ps, if those were 15 miles on the turbo they count even less than proper real world miles :smile:

OP
OP
Sjw

Sjw

Hills are taking forever but I'm persevering. The trainer (bkool pro 2) resistance kicks in hard right at the start. I'm using downhill pedalling to catch my breath, mop up sweat, take on water, catch up on cadence.
Today is my rest day but I'm eyeing up the wheels and thinking a quick (ha ha) 5 miles won't hurt !

<Tommy>

Hills are taking forever but I'm persevering. The trainer (bkool pro 2) resistance kicks in hard right at the start. I'm using downhill pedalling to catch my breath, mop up sweat, take on water, catch up on cadence.
Today is my rest day but I'm eyeing up the wheels and thinking a quick (ha ha) 5 miles won't hurt !

Have you got a fan? They turn an unpleasant experience into well... a slightly more bearable one. Stick with it. No matter what they say, it does get easier!

Sharky

Guru
Always miles for me.
There are a couple of magical targets in the world of time trials.
- To beat 20mph (aka evens). This is a very respectable time and quite difficult to achieve for the first time and for the first few races of each year
- To beat 25mph or to go "under the hour" for a 25 mile TT - I'm still chasing this one after 50years of trying, but it is the mark of a very respectable cyclist
- And for a very select few to beat 30mph

There are no equivalents in the metric world.

<Tommy>

Aye got a fan but I open the windows! To be honest, I was well chuffed with my 15 miles. Furthest I've gone in one go

You should be chuffed! I like to set myself targets and then it’s a good feeling when you hit them. Then move on to the next target. You can have two targets going at the same time. One for gradient climbed another for distance travelled.

Reactions: Sjw
Top Bottom