Military Green Paint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP

139NI

Buy a new bike Will.....
It's about time you retired the green tank!

Ian..

semper fi, ole boy......!

I am a one bike person.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have a Montague Para bike and its colour is 'military green'.

I always only clean and pamper the moving parts and transmission only, going no further. Last night i put it in the shower and sprayed it with hot water.

It was rather satisfying to see all the gunge fall out of it [naturally i didnt use a lot of pressure esp at the bits where there are bearings] and after drying it, i noted the high number of chips in the paintwork.

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows where i can get a small pot of 'military green paint' which could be used for the bike without it corroding it or harming the metals in any way... Perhaps one of those 'Airfix' pots from model toyshops' -what do you all think?????

Also, is there a drawback with using a stream of hot water on your bike to clean it?

Cheers

w
What shade of "military green" do you want

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Getting an exact match won't be easy, the paint will have faded a bit since it was first applied anyway.so any touch up may still stand out.
So how about just slapping on different colours randomly in a DPM style over the chips.

Even trying to match up paint on newish bikes is a job and half.

Piemaster I have just noticed your avtar. Was you a Zulu dancing girl in another life. Because that tattoo is on the tallest, slimmest neck I have seen in a long while.

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Pop to halfords and look for there camo paint they do a nice matt army green, its not with the car paints its by the fluro stuff ect its excellent stuff

+ 1 for this, I've used it on a couple of guns, proper matt finish and quite tough.

S.Giles

If you're at all artistic, you could mix the right colour from a few different Airfix/Humbrol stock colours. It may not be necessary to get the exact tint - it just has to be good enough not to draw the eye.

I fondly remember the 'olive drab' colour mentioned above from my Airfix model building days!
Type%204%20Cessna%20Bird%20Dog.jpg

Top Bottom