milk floats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

I've just had a flash of money making genius, that I was going to keep to myself... but what the hell....

If you can get hold of a second hand milk float - of which there must be a few around, what with supermarket milk domination - why not buy one and it will become the equivalent of a Ford Model T in a few years when everyone is driving electric cars?

You could hire it out for weddings and funerals etc., or just use it as a sunday car.

dav1d

It would be faster cycling, don't they only go about 4mph or something?

Crankarm

Guru
Abitrary said:
I've just had a flash of money making genius, that I was going to keep to myself... but what the hell....

If you can get hold of a second hand milk float - of which there must be a few around, what with supermarket milk domination - why not buy one and it will become the equivalent of a Ford Model T in a few years when everyone is driving electric cars?

You could hire it out for weddings and funerals etc., or just use it as a sunday car.

Have you been on the sauce tonight?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Great idea! Only one problem though - those massive traction batteries have a life of 2 - 3 years so to get your lovingly restored milk float moving you're going to have to spend more than it's worth on a couple of tons of new batteries.

asterix

Comrade Member
Rigid Raider said:
Great idea! Only one problem though - those massive traction batteries have a life of 2 - 3 years so to get your lovingly restored milk float moving you're going to have to spend more than it's worth on a couple of tons of new batteries.

Can't you get rechargeable ones these days?

yello

A bloke I knew in Westminster had one. It was brilliant for around central London. No VED, no congestion charge. He reckoned he could double park too and the traffic wardens would leave him alone - though I'm dubious about that one. He was a carpenter and lugged his tools etc around on it. Even had a vice attached to the back!

gavintc

Guru
It would certainly make some sense as a city centre run about. Although as someone has stated battery replacement could be pricey. I must admit I have not seen one for years and years.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
they have a tiny range, and need eight hours charging. And if the motor cuts out when you're going up a hill they will roll backwards down the said hill accellerating with frightening rapidity. But they do last forever.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Theres a guy around me who i call Strange Stu. He really is strange. He shouts abuse to people and just acts pretty darn strange.
Anyway, he once told me he was getting a million pounds from his aunts flat because the builders made a mess of it, and with this million pound, he will buy a milk float and told me to work out why, but said that i will be at least his age before i really knew why.
That was last year, he still doesnt have a milk float. Im dissapointed.

Are you strange stu?:evil:

Crankarm

Guru
Joe24 said:
Theres a guy around me who i call Strange Stu. He really is strange. He shouts abuse to people and just acts pretty darn strange.
Anyway, he once told me he was getting a million pounds from his aunts flat because the builders made a mess of it, and with this million pound, he will buy a milk float and told me to work out why, but said that i will be at least his age before i really knew why.
That was last year, he still doesnt have a milk float. Im dissapointed.

Are you strange stu?:evil:

Is that Stuart Stu McStrange of Stranger than Strange House, Strange?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Crankarm said:
Is that Stuart Stu McStrange of Stranger than Strange House, Strange?

Yep, you got the guy.
He rides around on a bike, and says when hes in skeggy he rides around with a lock in one hand to, 'get the ****ers that want to give him abuse"
He rides on the pavement and not on the road, and sits by the petrol station laughing at the car drivers going in.

Top Bottom