Milk, or the lack of..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Probably heading to The Other Place but this is the milk aisle in Tesco this morning due, apparently, to vegan eco people blockading depots and inflicting criminal damage on trucks..

DSC_1816.JPG

Now what can I pour on my WheatyBangs!?

AndyRM

XOXO
Soy/oat milk?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Probably heading to The Other Place but this is the milk aisle in Tesco this morning due, apparently, to vegan eco people blockading depots and inflicting criminal damage on trucks..

View attachment 660390

chocolate milk.....forget the other nonsense. But i do see cravendale and yeo vally milk on the shelves

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

View attachment 660390

Tossers and misplaced idealism.

Deffo headed to the other side.

PapaZita

Guru
We’ve started using quite a few of the alternative milks, like soy, almond, and oat. They’re definitely not the same so can take some getting used to, but they’re not at all bad. There’s a vanilla flavoured soy milk which I quite like on cereal. Oat is nice in coffee, but I haven’t found anything that really works for me in tea. Almond is OK on cereal and in quite a lot of cooking. Also, consider the sweetened versions. I would normally never choose a sweetened version of anything, but, it turns out that milk is quite sweet, and sweetened almond milk is probably a closer match on cereal.

We’ve started using quite a few of the alternative milks, like soy, almond, and oat. They’re definitely not the same so can take some getting used to, but they’re not at all bad. There’s a vanilla flavoured soy milk which I quite like on cereal. Oat is nice in coffee, but I haven’t found anything that really works for me in tea. Almond is OK on cereal and in quite a lot of cooking. Also, consider the sweetened versions. I would normally never choose a sweetened version of anything, but, it turns out that milk is quite sweet, and sweetened almond milk is probably a closer match on cereal.

People paying all that money for oatmilk, when it's effectively very watery porridge makes me smile. It's not that difficult to make for a fraction of the cost. The companies must be laughing like mad at their customers, and the most costly bit of the product is liable to be the packet it's in.

The price some people will pay to appear 'trendy'. :laugh:

Top Bottom