Mini cruise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
One more shift for me,then im off on a three day cruise to amsterdam.Never been on one before,so im a little excited about it.the ship is massive,well it is to me,and iv just got my sea sickness pills of the doc.When i get back,i start my two weeks winter hols,yahoo,.:blush:

longers

Legendary Member
Have a good one col :blush:.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Nice one.
Remember, sea sickness is all in the mind.
My mum uses travel bands round her wrists, and she takes pills called 'Joy rders.' Never really seems to work, she still gets sea sick, but she doesnt be sick.
Have a nice time.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Cheers guys,we checked the tablets on sale in boots out,less than two quid,didnt give me confidence in them,and some magnet bracelets,mmm im a little sceptical about them,so a phone call to the docs it was.These come highly recomended,called "Stugeron".Reason i wanted them is because im ill all day if i go on the fairground waltzers,anything spinning and im ill:blush:So thought it wise to take precautions;)

You'll be fine. Years and years of going to and from Arran by ferry in all weathers and I've never once even felt sea-sick. Even managed a Calmac curry in a force 9 gale with the ferry pitching and rolling all over the place!!

Your main worry should be that the ship gets torpedoed by the rogue German U-boat that still cruises the North Sea 60 years after the end of WW2:smile::blush:

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Nooo:biggrin: Im going with my wife and friends who are in couples too.Its the cruise bit and some massive market the coach is taking us too,when we get there.Oh and duty free too hopefully:smile:

Abitrary

If you do mushrooms:

-do them close to the hotel
-make sure you have the walk back well memorised. Don't even bother with a map because it will just look like bleeding spaghetti
-extremely watch out for trams

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Iv never done anything like mushrooms before,in fact the last time i tried something was about fifteen years ago,a friend of mine made a joint with some marocon gold ,i think it was called.I walked home like basil fawlty,because i thought i was going to trip up,knees to my shoulders every step.I havnt touched a thing since,dont intend to either.Just doesnt appeal to me.

KitsuneAndy

col said:
One more shift for me,then im off on a three day cruise to amsterdam.Never been on one before,so im a little excited about it.the ship is massive,well it is to me,and iv just got my sea sickness pills of the doc.When i get back,i start my two weeks winter hols,yahoo,.:blush:

Me and the missus were over there in April and flying back for a week in December. We got the boat last time, found out that my other half gets sea sick hehe

Awesome city though, you'll have a great time!

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
KitsuneAndy said:
Me and the missus were over there in April and flying back for a week in December. We got the boat last time, found out that my other half gets sea sick hehe

Awesome city though, you'll have a great time!

Im cetainly looking forward to it,and im scared of flying,so its the boat for us.

Top Bottom