Mini pump recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doog

I have a topeak race rocket hp and it's a great pump. You can get up to 100 plus PSI without and drama and the hose makes it lovely to use. My only comment is you need to make sure your valve cores are tight as unscrewing it can take the core out. I have a core key on my keyring now and it cost a pound.

have the same, great bit of kit that fits in your jersey pocket

Do away with it and go CO2.....its the future!
Get Gatorskins and do away them just about, nearly 11,000 miles on the front without incident and 4,171 on the new rear one again without incident. Though I do still carry my pump, it Topeak Mini DX Master Blaster, it been used twice in nearly two year, both for rear pinch punctures on a previous tyre.

DWiggy

Über Member
Get Gatorskins and do away them just about, nearly 11,000 miles on the front without incident and 4,171 on the new rear one again without incident. Though I do still carry my pump, it Topeak Mini DX Master Blaster, it been used twice in nearly two year, both for rear pinch punctures on a previous tyre.
+1 for the Gators, I've had two sets of these without incident well until they start to wear out, replaced with 4000s II got a puncture on the first day...I was gutted!

DWiggy

Über Member
Gatorskins strongly recommended if you'd rather go sideways than forests
The only time I found gators to be slippery is in the first 50 or so miles after that they were really good, although my new gt4000 II are super grippy compared to them

sannesley

I have a topeak race rocket hp and it's a great pump. You can get up to 100 plus PSI without and drama and the hose makes it lovely to use. My only comment is you need to make sure your valve cores are tight as unscrewing it can take the core out. I have a core key on my keyring now and it cost a pound.

Plus one for this pump as well. Nice and compact but well able to get good pressure into a tube to let you get home or continue your ride. I have been smitten by the puncture fairy the last 2 times out and can honestly say the pump was more than up to the job

OP
OP
Ed no-more-lemons
Thank you for pointing me towards the Lezyne, the HP has now seen me good a few times. Today especially after testing a tube that had blown out and been repaired further back than I remember using a largish patch.

Not sure about all this Gatorskin talk, Schwalble is my choice and the pair of Lugano's I found at the local dump may demand access to a great minipump at a moments notice, not some old traditional pump of yesteryear.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
I've got a Lezyne Micro Floor drive which is excellent but expensive. I also have a micro floor pump from Edinburgh Bike Coop which worked brilliantly on a puncture-ridden tour of southern England. Although EBC have discontinued that particular pump I see them around with different badges on (e.g. Merida) and a wide range of prices. If you fancy trying CO2 then Aldi have some cheap cylinders and an injector on sale today.

jnrmczip

Got a wide collection of traditional single chamber jobs going way back and a dual action thing that is good in design but poorly built.

So any suggestions would be welcome for fairly high pressure road use.

I have been looking at some of the Topeak models and considering the merits of having a flexible hose attachment.

Presumably it is worth spending several pennies?
3.99 picked up from aldi bikemate is the brand compact does both valves and has a pressure gauge jobs a good yin. Also has the option of switching between hi volume or high pressure

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Topeak Pocket Rocket & the Lezyne one with the hose are both very good.

The pocket rocket is my 700x23 @110psi pump of choice. Gets the air in quickly and easily.

Top Bottom