Mini Pump recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Lezyne road drive (medium)
Frame material doesn’t matter, just goes under a bottle cage

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Get a telescoping pump. Mine's a giyo, which is also sold as Revolution, Specialized and others.

Lezyne don't know the meaning of words like mini or micro, applying the term to foot long pumps.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Lezyne Carbon Drive Lite - if you've got a carbon frame you don't want to be weighing it down with a hefty "standard" Lezyne Drive Lite....(80g for the carbon vs 92g for the standard one). :laugh:

Although, the Topeak Pocket Rocket is a decent enough pump and cheaper than either of the above.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
I went for the lezyne road drive. One question - the holder doesn't appear to clip the pump in - the velcro strap seems to secure the pump - where as every other mini pump the velcro strap is a bit of extra security - or have i not fitted it correctly ?

si_c

Guru
I went for the lezyne road drive. One question - the holder doesn't appear to clip the pump in - the velcro strap seems to secure the pump - where as every other mini pump the velcro strap is a bit of extra security - or have i not fitted it correctly ?

Nope that's how it works, one end of the bracket is slightly larger to accomodate the pump head, so it locks in properly, but the velcro secures it to the frame. I've had one attached for 10k miles, not once has it come loose, so it's nothing to worry about.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I just got one of these
Lezyne-Digital-Road-Drive-Hand-Pump.jpg

It was free gift when I got cycling weekly subscription. GF had originally taken subscription out for me for Chrimbo a few years ago but upon seeing this offer she cancelled hers and I took it out under my own name.
Not used it yet but says it can get up to 160 PSI. I'll give it a try when I next go out (hopefully tomorrow to go to Atherstone).

Top Bottom