Mini pumps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
Bike Hut from HFords. £18 and will inflate to 100 psi though I think those more 'manly' than I might get more :tongue:

Nice and tidy fit

VamP

Banned
The Pocket Rocket is a wee bit long for a jersey IMO. It's a good pump though and I have one fitted to the frame of my winter bike. For jersey use, I'd go for the Race Rocket or the Lezyne Power Drive (small). These also have screw in hose connections which is another plus in my book. I use the Race Rocket myself.
topeak-trr1-zoom.jpg
lez-pres-drive-zoom.jpg

+1 for the race rocket. Fits inside a small saddle bag too.

Cycling plus love Lezyne products, have a look at the test in this month's issue.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I prefer separate CO2 canister/valve + pump to combining the two. Use the pump to get the tube started, so it holds its shape whilst fitting the tyre. Then CO2 it. Sorted. and it means you can use a very stubby pump. Though I don't as my Lezyne's - yes I have more than one - are fitted to the bottle cage mounts.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I prefer separate CO2 canister/valve + pump to combining the two. Use the pump to get the tube started, so it holds its shape whilst fitting the tyre. Then CO2 it. Sorted. and it means you can use a very stubby pump. Though I don't as my Lezyne's - yes I have more than one - are fitted to the bottle cage mounts.

Rather costly though?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Rather costly though?

Yes. But all-in-all I am blessed with less sense than disposable income. I'm not fitting a black pump on a white bike, and vice versa, and then I needed a silver pump to go on the two speed because the black pump was on the black bike and the white pump on the white bike, and, and, and.

VamP

Banned
Yes. But all-in-all I am blessed with less sense than disposable income. I'm not fitting a black pump on a white bike, and vice versa, and then I needed a silver pump to go on the two speed because the black pump was on the black bike and the white pump on the white bike, and, and, and.

See you can neatly get around the colour of pump issue by carrying it in your jersey pocket (ubercool - but only if it's long enough to stick out) or saddlebag (not cool, but ever so convenient). And of course have you considered the issue of aerodynamic drag of a cage mounted pump?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
See you can neatly get around the colour of pump issue by carrying it in your jersey pocket (ubercool - but only if it's long enough to stick out) or saddlebag (not cool, but ever so convenient). And of course have you considered the issue of aerodynamic drag of a cage mounted pump?

But to carry it means remembering to pick it up and put it in my pocket. More pre-ride faffage I can do without.

Case for the defence....

Carrying kit in your pockets just looks crap imo. (and it can ruddy hurt when you come off, depending on how you land). Pockets is for food and mobile phones, stuff you need to get at one the move.

Carrying stuff in your saddlebag means swapping saddlebag from bike to bike, or having more than one saddlebag. Besides an unstuffed saddlebag is even less of a joy to behold than a stuffed one.

Aerodynamic drag from a pump is not really a concern when you are my (spinnaker) size.:tongue:

VamP

Banned
But to carry it means remembering to pick it up and put it in my pocket. More pre-ride faffage I can do without.

Case for the defence....

Carrying kit in your pockets just looks crap imo. (and it can ruddy hurt when you come off, depending on how you land). Pockets is for food and mobile phones, stuff you need to get at one the move.

Carrying stuff in your saddlebag means swapping saddlebag from bike to bike, or having more than one saddlebag. Besides an unstuffed saddlebag is even less of a joy to behold than a stuffed one.

Aerodynamic drag from a pump is not really a concern when you are my (spinnaker) size.:tongue:

My Lord, the Crown wishes to make reference to The Rules, and moreover specifically to Rule #30

:biggrin: :thumbsup: :hello:

02GF74

Über Member
I have these three pumps but only carry one with me at any time. (only when out cycling, I mean it would be weird otherwise)

DSC07431.jpg

Top Bottom