Mini pumps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Topeak Pocket Rocket.

100psi without tearing your arms off.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
have a look in this months Cycling Plus+ bit of a group review in there. I'd say anything small made by Lezne will do the job.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
The pocket rocket will stick out of a jersey pocket.

bobones

Veteran
The Pocket Rocket is a wee bit long for a jersey IMO. It's a good pump though and I have one fitted to the frame of my winter bike. For jersey use, I'd go for the Race Rocket or the Lezyne Power Drive (small). These also have screw in hose connections which is another plus in my book. I use the Race Rocket myself.
topeak-trr1-zoom.jpg
lez-pres-drive-zoom.jpg

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
C02 pumps. One cartridge one inner tube inflated. MTB ones will take a tyre to 60 psi max.
They're great for getting you away quickly, but I wouldn't rely on one on it's own. The freezing Co2 eventually cracks the seal on the pump, though smearing a bit of silicon oil on the lip of the cartridge helps (cartridges for gas powered air guns come pre-treated).

In sub zero temperatures the Co2 can be completely ineffective.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
They're great for getting you away quickly, but I wouldn't rely on one on it's own. The freezing Co2 eventually cracks the seal on the pump, though smearing a bit of silicon oil on the lip of the cartridge helps (cartridges for gas powered air guns come pre-treated).

In sub zero temperatures the Co2 can be completely ineffective.
Cheers for that. Always useful to know :smile:

Top Bottom