Minimum spending required for free postage at Wiggle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I noticed that yesterday when I ordered 4 gear cables for under £7.
Postage would be £1.90. Spend another £3 for free postage.

Bought a few things from them in the summer and I don't remember seeing this new rule.

Parker International requires a minimum of £30 so £10 doesn't look so bad.
CRC still has free post but their prices are a little higher for what I wanted.
So I added a silicone cover for my garmin edge to the order and I got free postage.

I wonder if this will become a trend with cycling stores.....

djb1971

Legendary Member
The cost of posting stuff has gone crazy just lately so I can't blame them for it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Still, 4 gear cables for less then a tenner. That's still pretty good.
As @djb1971 has said, the cost of postage, especially for small parcels has rocketed recently.

I noticed the same thing yesterday and hadn't noticed it before. I added a set of lizard skin leather patches to my order. Will now start keeping a list of little "sundries" that I'll always need as I can never think of them at the time!!

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Never buy from evans, probably the most expensive of them all.
I agree, still good value, even if I have to spend a tenner to get free postage.
Postage keeps going up, something we have to get used to I think.

StuUngar

Still, 4 gear cables for less then a tenner. That's still pretty good.
As @djb1971 has said, the cost of postage, especially for small parcels has rocketed recently.

It's not recent. Probably last 12 - 18 months the RM have increased their prices at least 40% overnight throughout. Which is why Amazon in the last few months introduced a £10 minimum spend.

There are many Amazon haters out there. Ebay do exactly the same by being based in Luxembourg so paying f all tax. Tax avoidance isn't illegal. If I was a huge global business I'd want to ensure I had the best accountants & lawyers to ensure I stayed within the law but paid as little tax as legal.

The difference between Amazon & Ebay & then the Royal Mail which has implemented these increases is CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Amazon CS is exemplary. Ebay & the RM is either non existent or useless.

I get at least 20 - 30 load of junk mail from the RM that probably weighs over a kilo - every week. If I was to send that through their "service" it would probably cost me at the least £10 a week based on weight and size.

Wiggle have always been excellent with me. All I am saying is that the blame needs to lie firmly at the door of the RM.

A 40%+ overnight price increase is way beyond inflation & smacks of greed. Lo & behold - the company is now up for sale!

StuUngar

I ordered a helmet from PBK that they sent post free, I sent it back and it cost me $35.

This thread is about Wiggle who, like CRC have free returns via Collect +.....

However, I agree that PBK are a terrible company to deal with & that they don't offer free returns & will make out you haven't sent things back when you have.

They are part of "The Hut" umbrella group. A thoroughly shonky company that aren't worth the hassle even if they advertise too good to be true prices.

Once they have your £ it will be a nightmare getting it back if, as often, they take your money & then let you know they don't have the item in stock!

Davidc

Guru
Just do total costing.

If things are 'free postage' it just means carriage costs are rolled up in the price, so if a supplier charges it separately add up total costs to do your comparison.

Do that and half the time you'll end up buying from mainland Europe with a higher carriage cost and much lower goods cost.

Tcr4x4

Veteran
Don't know how CRC can make any money. Ordered a new helmet and some arm warmers on Thursday. The helmet was £30 cheaper than on wiggle, and the arm warmers were £5 cheaper.

Both turned up today.. In separate parcels via Royal Mail. The arm warmers packing box was as big as the helmet box!

Top Bottom