Minor Day Races Thread 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lizzie Armitstead wins Trofeo Binda. The only bit I understood of the Italian commentary was her name and the bloke doing the commentary shouting "God Save the Queen!" just after she crossed the line. :laugh:

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
The 1.1 rated Handzame Classic took place on the same day as MSR, with the Slovakian, Erik Baska, of Tinkoff taking it over Dylan Groenewegen and Gianni Meersman...I had never heard of Baska, who turns out to be a two-time national U23 TT champ and winner of the European Road Race Championship last year (also a U23 and Junior event).

Last edited:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The 1.1 rated Handzame Classic took place on the same day as MSR, with the Slovakian, Erik Baska, of Tinkoff taking it over Dylan Groenewegen and Gianni Meersman...I had never heard of Baska, who turns out to be a two-time national U23 TT champ and winner of the European Road Race Championship last year (also a U23 and Junior event).
It was the day before but hey ho. I'd never heard of him either.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Well done Daniel McLay for winning the race today

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Tenth the other day, winning today... do you think that's the peak or is there more to come? :smile:
He's often there or thereabouts. Looking at his team's upcoming race calendar he isn't down to ride much but he's only 24. Today's finish will have boosted his profile no end. Lots of riders raving about it on twitter.

Top Bottom