Minor race thread 2017 **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
I get more than joy when anybody beats Boohani.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Tro Bro Leon is on tomorrow, coverage on Eurosport, a great race with several sections of unpaved tracks/fields.

The top Breton rider wins a piglet. What's not to like?

cce539_db1f1ac80b334170a818f78fe18fc7d2~mv2.jpg

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Tro Bro Leon was great, those tracks looked mad to take a racing bike on to, no wonder the peloton was so depleted at the end. And a great sprint to decide a worthy winner. Very enjoyable.
I have yet to catch it, hopefully it's on Eurosport as a video when I have the time to sit and watch it

huwsparky

Über Member
Decent ride by GT and Landa today at the Giro de Alpes, with G taking the leader's jersey.
It shows that he's fit and in decent shape - enough for the Giro?
I'd love to see G do well at the Giro, but can you really see him beating Quintana? For me, i cant. He'll need things to go his way and bad luck for others. He can TT well though so should take time there over some of the GC guys. But it won't be enough I fear.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
I'd love to see G do well at the Giro, but can you really see him beating Quintana? For me, i cant. He'll need things to go his way and bad luck for others. He can TT well though so should take time there over some of the GC guys. But it won't be enough I fear.
Depends how much the team work for him, Quintana might find it quite difficult to beat a team working for Thomas in the same way he has found it hard to beat a team working for Froome.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Thomas just isn't a good enough climber to be a genuine Giro contender. He's improved in recent years to the extent that some take it as evidence of doping (though I think it's more down to the fact that he's concentrating on the road more rather than the track - he always had the potential to be a solid top 10 rider) but he still gets dropped like a stone when it turns really steep - he clearly hasn't improved that much.

Landa is surely a more realistic proposition for the Giro?

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
I am just catching up with Fleche Wallone, and am starting to get p*ssed off with every bloody commentator mentioning "bad example for the children watching" when the riders rest their arms on the bars in what the commentators seem to call "faux time trial position" - who gives a flying f*ck?!!

Top Bottom