Minor race thread 2017 **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Tour of Andalucia is starting well. Bertie, Uran and Valverde et al really going for it.
Sky looking strong with Landa, Poels and Rosa.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Valv Piti might be a big doping twat, but he's a f*cking superb rider.

Valv Piti might be a big doping twat, but he's a f*cking superb rider.

Quite so. It's a VavPity but he is THE great competitor

You two are kiddin' right. This is a quote from the Vuelta a Murcia

"By the time he attacked, Movistar Team had been pulling full gas for some time and the peloton had split in several groups," recounted Bahrain-Merida’s Ion Izagirre. "Most of us were already in the red. Then he accelerated. And, believe me, he went pretty fast. When I saw no one tried to follow him, I jumped and tried to chase on my own. But he was unmatchable."

A 70km solo effort pulling away from everyone going full gas and into the red. He's a confirmed doping twat and performances like that smell, strongly.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
You two are kiddin' right. This is a quote from the Vuelta a Murcia

"By the time he attacked, Movistar Team had been pulling full gas for some time and the peloton had split in several groups," recounted Bahrain-Merida’s Ion Izagirre. "Most of us were already in the red. Then he accelerated. And, believe me, he went pretty fast. When I saw no one tried to follow him, I jumped and tried to chase on my own. But he was unmatchable."

A 70km solo effort pulling away from everyone going full gas and into the red. He's a confirmed doping twat and performances like that smell, strongly.
Point taken but we did point out that he is a doping twat.
If he was doing stuff that obvious wouldn't his BP show such anomalies?
Or is that naive?
I'm of the opinion that it still goes on but not to such an obvious extent.

Point taken but we did point out that he is a doping twat.
Or is that naive?
I'm of the opinion that it still goes on but not to such an obvious extent.
Maybe he's got one of those motors that dodgy bloke was flogging on that documentary or we can go down the benefit of the doubt route and say it was an early season race, racing for honours on home soil: Who knows. I'm just not inclined to forgive and forget.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Or is that naive?

Perhaps naive? I don't know. I can't help feeling there's still a war on, and as fast as detection methods are developed others find new ways to cheat the tests. Given that, it seems to me you can admire someone for their flair, skill, attack and so on (which Valverde has in spades), but strength or endurance feats by unrepentant dopers perhaps still have to be viewed with a jaundiced eye.

pinot mugged contador at the line:bicycle:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Kristoff wins again in T of Oman. A rave which has been easy to miss. I'm not sure why the UCI schedule 3 concurrent races after a blank week.

Top Bottom