Minor races 2018 (contains spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
I had all but written him off, after last year. Age playing a part too.

Great to see him back and hoping he continues all season too. Today showed some serious power!

Always been a Cav fan, despite his attitude sometimes, but Greipel is number two. Chalk and Cheese personalities.

Gaviria predictably wins the first stage of the San Juan. I wonder how he'll shape up his year against the Mighty Marcel?
I'm thinking this year might be the best racing season for a long while; there seems to be a lot of newer riders hitting form, riders off to new teams with points to prove, others who have been at the top under challenge, others not as great as they once were (or are they) and other riders who looked to be on the way out hitting form again.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Its Impeys to lose now ? Cant see Porte beating him.

He did well, didn't he? Was surprised to see him finishing so close behind Porte on stage 5 - don't really think of him as being much of a climber but he's obviously in good form. There was no way Porte was going to overturn the deficit on the final crit stage.

And yes, it's great to see Greipel getting his season off to such a strong start too.

Sagan also seems to have hit the ground running - thought he might even be having a dig at GC but that final climb on stage 5 was always going to be tough for him. Bodes well for the Classics though.

Adam4868

Guru
Was reading/listening ? Somewhere that Sagan's going to drop a few kilos somewhere in the year in preparation for world's ?

Adam4868

Guru
Gaviria predictably wins the first stage of the San Juan. I wonder how he'll shape up his year against the Mighty Marcel?
I think Gaviria will be the sprinter to beat this year,is he not also riding the classics,Flanders and Roubaix maybe.

Top Bottom