Minor races 2018 (contains spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Oooh fab, I've recorded it for later! I generally only watch T of Dubai for the scenery...:whistle:
Lovely sand and a rich diversity of wildlife, er ok just camels.

bpsmith

Veteran
Let’s not forget the blue football pitches stadium too. :smile:

Chuffed to see Cav’s face when he stuck it to Nacer today. Major Cav fan. Hoping to see him overtake Merckx with TdF stage wins in the Summer. It’s a big ask though!

bpsmith

Veteran
Indeed. He did so quite visibly in stage 2. I just assumed he wasn’t at full fitness, but stage 3 saw him look stronger.

bpsmith

Veteran

bpsmith

Veteran
One thing about Cavendish I've noticed is how he's always tended to be very vocal about being committed to and identifying with his team. I remember when he started with OPQS there was a race involving strong crosswinds and he said something like "well, we're a Belgian team, we're used to it, that's how we Belgians ride". He'd been with them for a grand total of 5 minutes at the time and all of a sudden he was Hercule Poirot and the Mannequin Pis rolled into one.
That’s a good thing though, surely? Can’t tell from your post whether that’s what you think too?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Conor Dunne is in the break today, which is mainly interesting for his bike - the 3T Strada, fitted with a 1x groupset.

He's just gone pop on the climb, though, so there'll be no stage win. "Conor is done" - thanks Carlton.

ETA: Looking like a cracking finale though - one lone rider left from the break, 1.15 advantage with 6km to go. Smithy reckons he's got it in the bag, I'm not so sure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Viviani has hit the ground running in his new team. Cav was blocked in the finale so no chance in the melée.
Kittel seemingly off the pace again.
It's a classic year for a bunch of old and new sprinters, if you like that sort of sideshow.

Slick

Guru
Some great racing despite some of the most boring roads I've seen, and a worthy winner in the end.

Top Bottom