Minor races 2021...**SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martinsnos

Been reading quite a few riders are skipping races and staying with altitude training.As in Bernal is staying in Columbia training before going straight to the Giro.I think Roglic is doing something similar before the Tour.

I guess it is the way of things but to me it is a bit of a shame when training hard on their bikes in ‘normal’ conditions is no longer enough to be competitive.

Chislenko

Veteran
Bad luck for Enrique Mas at Your of Valencia, holding on to the yellow jersey in the time trial with 300 yards to go and has a puncture.

Stefan Kung now new race leader and with an easy last stage tomorrow looks set to win it.

A.R. Engers on an 80's steel bike with friction shifters came nowhere!

Adam4868

Guru
Bad luck for Enrique Mas at Your of Valencia, holding on to the yellow jersey in the time trial with 300 yards to go and has a puncture.

Stefan Kung now new race leader and with an easy last stage tomorrow looks set to win it.

A.R. Engers on an 80's steel bike with friction shifters came nowhere!
I'm pretty sure Kung would of won that puncture or not.
At least Mas wasn't to upset...😂
I don't really mean to take the piss.....

View: https://twitter.com/gcntweet/status/1383432806278201352?s=19

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Amstel Gold - not really a minor race, but can't be arsed to start a new thread.

Marianne Vos took the women's race. And Demi Vollering missed out by a whisker again.

In the men's race, WvA got revenge over Pidcock taking the foto finish. I'd be interested to see if a definitive foto has been released as it looked to me that Pidcock had nicked it!

Adam4868

Guru
Amstel Gold - not really a minor race, but can't be arsed to start a new thread.

Marianne Vos took the women's race. And Demi Vollering missed out by a whisker again.

In the men's race, WvA got revenge over Pidcock taking the foto finish. I'd be interested to see if a definitive foto has been released as it looked to me that Pidcock had nicked it!
I know that I backed him and gutted 🙄
Weird angle for photo finish as looked as though he took it.

Adam4868

Guru
Pidcock is something else for his size isn't he ? Can't wait to see him go up some mountains.I think it was purely timing for him today,looked by far the strongest out there.Great team tactics by Ineos also helped.
Maybe bigger tyres next time Tom.

This reminds me of grinding slowly up one of the short and steep North Downs ascents (about 800m with a steepest bit at about 17%) last summer when someone FLEW past me. All I noticed was the fancy deep rim wheels and colourful lycra. I have no idea who it was. Probably not even a pro - just just a very fit local rider, but the speed they were going was incredible. Just underlines the massive difference between them and us.

Boring comparison time, in 2018 Cav and the gruppetto came in 35 minutes down in the Grand Bonnard stage (stage 10) This was also the stage used for the étape du Tour. Cav Kittel and the others were 15 minutes faster than the fastest finisher in L’Etape. (I may have mis remembered this, but it sounds right)

Top Bottom