Minor races 2021...**SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Sorry Adam, didn't see your post 🤦‍♀️ 😄
No need to apologize.
As for the gloves...when it was just the two of them (him and Rusty) the team car was more than likely to far back.Mistake ? Possibly but I'm pretty sure Woods didn't have more than mitts on either.Hindsight and all that,or schoolboy error.
He won in the end anyway 😁

It was a 20km climb, and the stage had already been neutralised for bad weather earlier. I hear they have weather forecasts in Romandie these days too! If they can carry rain-jackets, I'm pretty sure they can carry gloves. Anyway, that's my opinion!

Reactions: mjr

Chislenko

Veteran
Volta ao Algarve starts today, is on Eurosport.

My local team Tavira, who were sponsored by Sporting Lisbon, now sponsored by General Tuna!!

It just doesn't have the same ring to it!!

Adam4868

Guru
It was a 20km climb, and the stage had already been neutralised for bad weather earlier. I hear they have weather forecasts in Romandie these days too! If they can carry rain-jackets, I'm pretty sure they can carry gloves. Anyway, that's my opinion!
You won't get many riders finishing a race in big gloves...besides the marginal gains crap they'll dump most things before a final climb.Like I said Woodsy finished the race in mitts.Did you see the earlier part of the race and Cort Nielson struggling to get in his pockets for a gel because of heavy gloves ?

I would bet that almost all riders finished in mitts. Doesn't make it sensible. It lost G the stage, QED :P

(IIRC in Paul Kimmage's book he talks about descending the Dolomites in sleet and being unable to brake. But I guess if all the other domestiques were in the same boat, it made sense! )

This is all part of the hard-man traditions in sport, and I won't be persuading anyone there is a better way ...

Reactions: mjr

Adam4868

Guru
I would bet that almost all riders finished in mitts. Doesn't make it sensible. It lost G the stage, QED :P

(IIRC in Paul Kimmage's book he talks about descending the Dolomites in sleet and being unable to brake. But I guess if all the other domestiques were in the same boat, it made sense! )

This is all part of the hard-man traditions in sport, and I won't be persuading anyone there is a better way ...
Guess that's why your not the team coach 😁

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
Volta Algaeve.Ethan Hayter wins stage 2,classy finish by him,set up by Sosa.

Top Bottom