Minor races 2021...**SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

waffles

This one won't make UK TV, but if you are ever in travelling distance of Mayenne (department 53) at the end of May, it's the time of the Boucles de la Mayenne. It's a four-day stage race with international squads as well as regional ones. It's very well-supported here and this year we have Cofodis, FDJ, Ag2r & Alpecin, as well as more local teams. It's done properly, complete with publicity caravan & helicopter coverage. Web site is Boucles de la Mayenne

This year, one of the stages goes through the place I live in, so I will be there!

Last edited:

Chislenko

Veteran
W52FC Porto take Volta ao Algarve, fair play to them against some world tour teams.

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Some Brits going well this weekend.

Connor Swift snagged Tro Bro Leon in a photo finish.

Pidcock won the Nove Mesto MTB race today, putting a minute into MvdP. Evie Richards was 5th in the womens race

Adam4868

Guru
Some Brits going well this weekend.

Connor Swift snagged Tro Bro Leon in a photo finish.

Pidcock won the Nove Mesto MTB race today, putting a minute into MvdP. Evie Richards was 5th in the womens race
Tro Bro...best name for a bike race ! Looked like he almost fecked up and celebrated to soon !
Great win for him anyway

I've got gpx files of the route somewhere. Me & a friend had a plan to go and ride the route. I don't suppose we ever will but it was fun planning.

There is, in non Covid times, a cyclosportif the day before 120, 60 and 30 km routes along different sections of the course, makes for a good weekend of riding and spectating.

bitsandbobs

Über Member
And a round of applause for Vlad Dascalu of Romania. His 17th placing at the MTB in Nove Mesto yesterday means GB gets an olympics spot - presumably for Pidcock. Not sure if the olympics will take place mind.

Adam4868

Guru
Another great win at Andalucia for Ethan Hayter today on stage 2,and into the leaders jersey.Watched the last 20k it was a strange cobbled climb at the finish.Superman Lopez came in second place.

Top Bottom