Minor races 2022 *Spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Caleb Ewan wins stage1 of the Deutschland Tour ...feel like he needed that ^_^

Interesting thing about the Deutsch tour - i think the TT was road-bikes only. To save on logistics/costs etc.
Apparently this is quite common at some "minor" races, and it gets my hearty approval.

Pros manage to race without TT-bikes - and it didn't kill bike racing, nor even drag it back to the pre-war days - whooda thought??

Adam4868

Guru
Interesting thing about the Deutsch tour - i think the TT was road-bikes only. To save on logistics/costs etc.
Apparently this is quite common at some "minor" races, and it gets my hearty approval.

Pros manage to race without TT-bikes - and it didn't kill bike racing, nor even drag it back to the pre-war days - whooda thought??
To be honest it probally wasn't worth getting on one for 2.6 k 😁

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Adam Yates leading in Deutschland. He's probably going to keep it on the last stage.
He says it's almost the first time he's not been under the weather this year.
I really hope he re-signs for Ineos and has a decent healthy year in 2023.
I like the way he rides.

Adam4868

Guru
Fourth for Pidcock in the MTB world...☹️
Had a crash and did well to come back.
Screenshot_20220828-154148.png

Adam4868

Guru
Adam Yates leading in Deutschland. He's probably going to keep it on the last stage.
He says it's almost the first time he's not been under the weather this year.
I really hope he re-signs for Ineos and has a decent healthy year in 2023.
I like the way he rides.
Bilbao won the stage but Chapeau to Yates for taking the GC.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Israel Premier Tech got 2 wins yesterday in their hunt for relegation points in ToB and the Maryland unheard of race.

Adam4868

Guru
Israel Premier Tech got 2 wins yesterday in their hunt for relegation points in ToB and the Maryland unheard of race.
The points thingy seems a shambles this year ? Or has it allways been like that but I've never took any notice.
Teams pulling riders and talking of not sending to the world's to focus on smaller races.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The points thingy seems a shambles this year ? Or has it allways been like that but I've never took any notice.
Teams pulling riders and talking of not sending to the world's to focus on smaller races.

I think this is new but the teams have known about it for 3 years so only have themselves to blame in some ways. Covid has been an effect though.
Also it will be affected by Nairos fark up and whether IPT and Astana carry on being funded.
I'm no expert but it adds some spice to minor races.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
In the relegation race, Ag2R took maximum points from Bike Exchange in Quebec...
While in the bike race, Cosnefroy held on for the win ahead of Michael Matthews ^_^

Top Bottom