Minor Races Thread 2015 - [SPOILERS]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Has everyone been told they've got an extra day to do? Wouldn't want anyone celebrating early. Have visions of that penultimate lap thing happening, but a whole day rather than a whole lap early...

Its been going for 60 years this year and only the first few years were 4 days, since then its either been 5 or 6 days - but the name has stuck. I'd hope everyone has been briefed accordingly...

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Its been going for 60 years this year and only the first few years were 4 days, since then its either been 5 or 6 days - but the name has stuck. I'd hope everyone has been briefed accordingly...

Well, you never know, those neo-pros are easily caught out sometimes...

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Aye, I think Coquard will get it - and Demare has delusions of being better that spending 5 days in Dunkirk.

It would be so much easier for the commentators if they called FDJ "FDJ" rather than a name they have not used for 4 years...

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Good win by Coquard, and decent ride by Theuns bringing his cobbles riding form to Dunkirk

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Jonas Ahlstrand (Cofidis) gets the second stage over Coquard, who stays in the overall lead. Not exactly a world class field this year...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've just watched Josh Edmondsen - An Post, (dumped by Sky), win stage 3 of the Tour of Azerbaijan. Hopefully not too late for him to fulfil his potential after drifting at Sky.
Took off with 3 or 4 km to go and hung on by a whisker on the uphill finish.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tour-dazerbadjan-2015/stage-3/results
Strange fact - Primoz Roglic, the GC leader, competed for Slovenia at the 2010 Olympics as a ski jumper! Not a logical career progression.

oldroadman

Veteran
Jonas Ahlstrand (Cofidis) gets the second stage over Coquard, who stays in the overall lead. Not exactly a world class field this year...
The Giro has just started, Tour of California is just about to start, Azerbijan is on, world tour teams will have their best GC/GT riders in Giro, next level at either Dunkerque or California, what do you expect? The calendar is busy, and division one teams usually have three teams on the road, then add in the pro-conti plus a few national teams and others, all the races are hard. There is no field that is not difficult to beat, even for the best!

Top Bottom