Minor Races Thread 2015 - [SPOILERS]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The minor day race thread seemed to work not too bad last year, started by @Flying_Monkey, but also lurked into minor stage races as well - so I thought we should/could have a thread to discuss those day and stage races unlikely to warrant/attract a thread of their own.

This coming Sunday (01.02.15) sees three 1.1 events, the Grand Prix Cycliste la Marseillaise, the Trofeo Palma and Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race.

Then there is Etoile de Besseges stage race from 04.02.15 - 08.02.15, which I always (still) see as the start of the cycling season proper - call me an old stuck in the past Euro-centric duffer if you must...

Anyway, the thread is here is you want/need.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Trofeo Palma being just one of four races making up the Mallorca Challenge. Elia Viviani took second on his Team Sky debut yesterday in the Trofeo Ses Salines. Today they go again in the Trofeo Andratx-Mirador d'Es Colomer.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Trofeo Palma being just one of four races making up the Mallorca Challenge. Elia Viviani took second on his Team Sky debut yesterday in the Trofeo Ses Salines. Today they go again in the Trofeo Andratx-Mirador d'Es Colomer.

Ah, is that how it works!? I had spotted a number of tweets re the Mallorca Challenge but didn't realise what it was.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I see Greipel came in 9th. New strategy for him this year considering that he normally starts the season by cleaning up at the TdU

The Couch

Über Member
I see Greipel came in 9th. New strategy for him this year considering that he normally starts the season by cleaning up at the TdU
Yep, he told (before the season) he wants to make sure to be at full strength during the early season-classics (i.e. the "Flanders races"), since he has been missing out on very nice results in those races during the past 2-3 seasons, which is why he intentionally wanted to change his build up

raindog

er.....
I've been to spectate the Etoile de Bessèges live for years - can't do that anymore, as I've moved to the other side of the country. I'll miss seeing Poulidor up on the podium with the youngsters. :sad:
Hopefully, I'll be able to join in later in the year with some racing in my new region.
I often find the smaller pro races more interesting than the big televised jobbies with all the stars.
This will be a good thread.

maxsportsworld113665.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Today they go again in the Trofeo Andratx-Mirador d'Es Colomer.

And it's a win for MTN-Qhubeka and Steve Cummings
B8n26iECEAEFA4y.jpg

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
I've been to spectate the Etoile de Bessèges live for years - can't do that anymore, as I've moved to the other side of the country. I'll miss seeing Poulidor up on the podium with the youngsters. :sad:
Hopefully, I'll be able to join in later in the year with some racing in my new region.
I often find the smaller pro races more interesting than the big televised jobbies with all the stars.
This will be a good thread.

I have mentioned this elsewhere, after my weekend trip to Belfast last year to watch the start of the Giro I plan on an annual cycling watching holiday; this year it's Flanders, and next year it may very well be Besseges for a few days :smile: I started a list last night of events I'd like to see - I hope I have a few years of life left in me yet or else I'm never going to see them all if I can only afford one event per year!

Top Bottom