Minor Stage Races 2016 **may contain SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm trying to work out what competitive advantage is to be had from having 4 arms in a cycling race
Cjj8yAXWEAEx1LC.jpg

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
I'm trying to work out what competitive advantage is to be had from having 4 arms in a cycling race

It's to make it easier to strap the two helmets on.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Actually, there are multiple advantages:

In a sprint you can keep two hands on the bars while fending off other riders, and the extra shoulders help when barging your way through.

At the feed zone you can grab a load of musettes to make sure you keep fuelled, and then sort through your swag more quickly.

Water bottle duty's a lot easier and quicker.

No accusations of sticky bottles - you can ride alongside the team car with two hands clearly in the air.

You're better equipped for clearing out all those idiots running alongside you on a mountain stage.

You're far better equipped to make extravagant angry gestures at the wheel suckers in your breakaway.

No unfortunate collisions with snowbanks on crucial stages, as you can eat and steer at the same time.

If you're unlucky enough to wipe out in a crash, the inevitable broken collarbone won't slow you down - just use a different arm.

And you can sort out all those people who are telling you how godawful your team jersey is.

Better make sure you get sent to fair weather races though, because you're really going to struggle getting that gilet on while riding...

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Greg Daniel, US National Champion.

Good luck trying to find out who he is...

To be fair, he is only 21.

Looks like a lot of the big names weren't there (Boswell and Dombrowski are still at the Giro, of course) but he beat Alex Howes who's no slouch. Sounds like he could be a good prospect.

ETA: Taylor Phinney didn't start but I'm pleased to see he won the TT on Friday.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Strong team from Sky at the Dauphiné
Froome, Kwiatkowski, Landa, Nieve, Poels, Rowe

Greg Van Avermaet won a KP race in Belgium the other day. Does anyone know what a KP race is? :scratch:

Not sure what KP is, but the race was a "kermis" or "kermiskoers", the Flemish word for a crit.

Sometimes called "rondjes om de kerk" - laps around the church.

Last year's event, the first running of it, was classified as NE. Given that there were only 12 starters perhaps it was for "Naebody Entered" ;)

Maybe it went up a standard this year? Kermesse Professional? (or whatever the spelling of professional is in Flemish) - over 200 starters and 139 finished.

That's quite a jump!

Top Bottom