Minor Stage Races 2016 **may contain SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The contrast with the enthusiastic crowds in Utsinomiya for the Japan Cup could not be greater...
Yes, the crowds were fantastic - I was following it on twitter and it looked excellent.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Even on the steep wooded hillsides - fantastic terrrain, great race, enthusiastic fans. Surely this is where the World Tour should be looking...
20161023Japancup_J-37.jpg

Attachments

• 20161023Japancup_J-37.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Even on the steep wooded hillsides - fantastic terrrain, great race, enthusiastic fans. Surely this is where the World Tour should be looking...
I don't really get why the UCI are all over the Middle East apart from filling the coffers. There is no obvious engagement by the locals. As I said elsewhere last week, I don't see what the Emirates get out of it either apart from exposing their countries as inhospitable and ugly. Especially the bizarre man-made hotel and beach areas.

Attachments

• 20161023Japancup_J-37.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: mjr

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I did contact the Skol team marketing guy a year or two ago to discuss acquiring one of the shirts, new or used, so I could promote the brand back here in the UK and they did promise to send me one. It never arrived :sad:

I did contact the Skol team marketing guy a year or two ago to discuss acquiring one of the shirts, new or used, so I could promote the brand back here in the UK and they did promise to send me one. It never arrived :sad:
Send a message to Timothy Rugg and get him to send you his :smile:

The crowds in Rwanda are impressive*

*in case anyone from the UCI is reading this, "impressive" means that there were large crowds, several deep, enthusiastically cheering the riders. It does not mean "nowhere to be seen" <cough> World Champs...

I suppose it could be said that the money taken from the rich Middle Eastern countries is being channelled to support events elsewhere. It is, isn't it? Is there any information online re UCI accounts and income/investments?

It is possible to get a return flight from London to Rwanda for £380 at this time of year. Accommodation seems to be cheap. I have no idea of the logistics of following the Tour of Rwanda, but I see a "wild dream adventure" being thunked up and probably discarded, but every now and again one of my wild dreams comes off...

And I also spotted some twitter activity around whether Rwanda should make an application to host the Worlds in 2021.

Top Bottom