MIPS Helmet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CentralCommuter

Don’t know what MIPS is, but worth it for the integrated insect net, would have saved me getting stung on the forehead the other week!!

vickster

Legendary Member
Does it fit your head comfortably, by far the MOST important thing when buying a helmet. Never felt the need for MIPS as a recreational cyclist.

At £40 it isn't going to be the lightest or most breathable. And I don't personally like the MTB style with a peak but ymmv

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Jury is out on this one:
all-you-need-know-about-mips1

Arguably, if you buy a cheap helmet with MIPS, you are sacrificing the impact resistance of the helmet which does have some verifiable benefits (helmet argument is that way ----->) in order to gain a system that does not. So if you want MIPS, pay the extra price. But if you are buying a helmet made to a price point, then you are better off chosing one with the more onerous standards compliance (EN vs US vs Snell).

Jury is out on this one:
all-you-need-know-about-mips1

Arguably, if you buy a cheap helmet with MIPS, you are sacrificing the impact resistance of the helmet which does have some verifiable benefits (helmet argument is that way ----->) in order to gain a system that does not. So if you want MIPS, pay the extra price. But if you are buying a helmet made to a price point, then you are better off chosing one with the more onerous standards compliance (EN vs US vs Snell).
AT the risk of starting one of 'those' discussions
Does anyone have a link to a sensible review of these standards?
Thanks

Ceasefire is over lads, lock n load! 😂
I did TRY to ask for a proper link - rather than an opinion
maybe a tad optimistic you think?????
:laugh:

Top Bottom