Votes: 67 55.4%
  • best avoided on TV

Votes: 27 22.3%
  • showcases the best of British humour

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • over playing her ability to fall over/down

Votes: 29 24.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
^ There's a clearly a very fine line between irritating and funny...
Context is all. Green Wing was a very very strange (but utterly brilliant) programme. It's only a partial counter-example to the "women aren't allowed to be silly in comedy" rule because it's a surreal fantasy, because the silliness is occasional and because it's essentially a serious love triangle story. And she went off with the wrong man in the end.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
A lot of the comedian today think they can shock people with their brand of comedy and they just don't , in fact most of it is a bit passe.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I do not care for her much at all, I just do not find her funny. Spaced was the best UK comedy series by a mile for me. The best comedy type show that I like at the moment is Would I Lie To You.

I do not find her series funny, it seems she is taking the mick out of her characters life and sadly there are people who will see some of their own life in her show. Therefore as we all laugh at ourselves at some point , this is the attraction of her show in my opinion.
I thought the character she played in Not Going Out was spot on and provided a good foil to Lee Mack's character.
I do not think she is a bad comic actress.
Like Paddy McGuiness in Max and Paddy where he was lucky to get a part that showed him to be a funnier comic actor than comedian!

Top Bottom